Friday, January 1, 2010

Keeping It All Together

After destroying a 2" square on the concrete porch at the shop in Mammoth I came up with a way of keeping the square in its place. The Lee Valley Mk. II Shop Apron has a front pocket that is the perfect size for a small engineer square. To keep the square in its place I sewed a 1/2" rare earth magnet to the back side of the apron. When the square is slid in the pocket the magnet is strong enough to keep the square in place when I lean over but can still be pulled out with ease.


4 comments:

perkinsj08 said...

Clever, clever.

Aimee said...

Never cease to amaze me!

Joshua said...

Genius

perkinsj08 said...

There hasn't been a blog post in three weeks, I'm starting to go through woodworking insight withdrawal... I may have to switch to following metalworking instead.